Our Future?

Image result for atomic bomb

For my project, I decided to tackle the issue of nuclear weapons and the impact it would have on communication.  I sampled through four notable communication tones that have significance to me, Discord, Skype, Google Hangout, and an Apple ringtone.  These fit with my project because these are sounds that are more modern compared to a traditional phone sound.  This connects with McLuhan when he states, "We hear sounds from everywhere, without ever having to focus...We can't shut out sound automatically" (111).  How could you shut down sound though?  When a nuclear bomb strikes, it devastates everything in its path.  There is virtually nothing left around ground zero.  People are trying to communicate just like its another day, but then the bomb hits and everything is silent.  I want my project to simulate that silence that is in the aftermath.  This sound project couldn't be more relevant because of the lingering threat of war.  This could very well be our future; like Albert Einstein said, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maeve Jackson Artist Talk

Hello!

Martin Analysis