The Global Village

I decided to tackle my final project on the concept of the global village.  The concept of global village intrigues me a lot because McLuhan predicted in the 60s.  We now live in this mass communication period that he predicted.  For my project, I made a short experimental video on the way global village is in our lives.  As I'm typing this, we are currently in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak.  There is a lot of stuff we still don't know about it, but imagine if we didn't have the internet.  We get news and information about the outbreak daily from all around the world and it is only possible because of the power of the internet and global village.  I mainly took this project as a way to practice my editing because it could be considered a modern skill.  The prominence of YouTube also makes McLuhan's global village idea much more noticeable and cool.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maeve Jackson Artist Talk

Stephen Perkins Artist Talk

Hello!